IT DECISION MAKERS ARE REAL PEOPLE TOO
Online Panel Recruitment
Sampling IT Decision Makers
IT Decision Makers “We need 1000 of them!”
We’ve all taken the call, or maybe you know someone who has placed the order.
OK let’s start with the basics:
Who are you looking for exactly?
Response: “Nothing too complicated just the person in charge of software/hardware strategy & purchasing (or influencer).”
OK – We Got it. Ah, one more thing… Can we talk about the screener?
Answer: “Sure they all need to be programmers/developers with Anaconda/Python/R experience and familiar with MySQL/Spark*/Oracle DBs, etc…
As it unfolded, the client was looking for data scientists when we probed further. Not precisely IT Decision Makers (in the purest sense) and sampled and targeted differently.
These days one can argue that for every Sample Buyer trying to obtain ITDM Sample there is a new panel company offering IT Sample.
Requirements can swing dramatically for sample buyers:
From those who make decisions about office computer equipment in small businesses to large enterprise ERP Systems Architects.
Online B2B Sample is also represented in broad strokes as if ITDMs were all issued an ITDM card. The IT sector itself is a diverse community not even considering the number of non-IT jobs that make IT decisions. The Bureau of Labor Statistics lists hundreds of occupations in the IT sector alone.
As a sample buyer, it’s best to make sure you consider the following when engaging your next B2B Sample Supplier.
They Understand the Target Audience – This is an absolute must. Yes to understand what the project is all about is a plus but if they don’t know what your respondents do and how they work, then I would ask whether or not they had the ability to recruit them into an online panel in the first place. It is also a way for the provider to have the ability to validate the participant skills/identity using various assessment tools.
- They Understand the Project Objectives – Yes they understand who the target is but do they know what target participant needs to be prepared to answer the study questions? Perhaps this introduces some contingencies that are unknown to the client; like other software experience or certifications. Consultation is another area where experience and advisory skills add value for the client.
- They Describe Their Product – You ask the question: How do you Recruit These Panelists? – By Strategic Education & Publishing Partners Invitation Only Offers / Google & Targeted Linkedin Ads & Other methods. Validation is accomplished via a multi-stage combination of digital fingerprinting, social scoring and we use partner HR based tech skills assessments to validate indicated skill sets. If they don’t measure up, they don’t figure into your survey.
- They Give You a Proposal – You deserve a well formatted clear proposal:
- Review of your specifications ( LOI / Markets / IR / Quotas, Other)
- Deliverables (N= / How Many / Not Best Efforts)
- Field Time (Expected Length of time in the field at stated IR/LOI)
- Engagement Expectations (Reporting & PM Roles / Data Transparency, Other)
Quality begins with good information. If you are working with an Online Panel Provider who is asking you good questions, then chances are they are experienced and this will ultimately work to your advantage, both in terms of cost and quality data.
Thank you for visiting. We are happy that you are here and we are very proud of the success our Customers have been able to realize through accessing our resources to a diverse community of professionals with insights to share from every industry and virtually every point of view, and hope to help you find the success you seek. We support independent researchers.
We are looking forward to helping you achieve the success you’re looking for on your next B2B study. People often think just because a panel company is big they are also better or they will get better service. We are the right size for you. I can tell you we have the highest feasibility of any B2B Panel Provider because it’s our focus and our passion. Let us put that to work for you.
Global Panel Book
Download our 2018 Panelbook for more information about OvationWorldPanel and how we can help you acheive success and win new clients as you grow your research business. We are committed to helping our customers reach more quality research participants around the globe at the best value in the marketplace.
Your Success Always Comes First. The rest takes care of itself. Please tell us who you are and we will responsibly provide you any information that you ask for.